TOI will award seven $1,500 scholarships in 2019.
To be eligible, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a graduating Illinois high school senior with a minimum GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. Must be a U.S. citizen and resident of Illinois.
- Must plan to attend a university/college in Illinois.
- Must have a history of extracurricular activities that demonstrates a willingness to accept leadership responsibil- ities (student government, club officer, etc.) or a commitment to civic responsibility, social consciousness and a willingness to serve the community (community service projects, volunteer activities with local service agencies or charitable institutions, etc.)
- Must submit a 500-word essay on The Role of Township Government in Today’s Society and in the Futurethat will include information gained from an interview with an elected township official.
- Must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, local officials or business people. Must submit an official high school transcript.
- Must submit a cover letter and completed application form.
- Must plan to enroll at an Illinois school as a full-time undergraduate student.
To apply, download the application by clicking or tapping HERE.