fbpx

Kathleen Cress

Kathleen Cress — June 22, 1949 – September 07, 2017 Kathleen Cress, age 68 of Thompson, IL, passed away Thursday, September 7, 2017 at FHN Memorial Hospital in Freeport, IL. Cremation rites have been...

Read More

Savanna Helping Savanna

Community Spirit at Work; Group Inspires Hope BY MICHAEL MILLER For RiverReader.org SAVANNA — There is a lot of negative news out there these days, but sometimes you happen across a story that seems to buck the trend. This is the story of one group that inspires hope and does tangible good for its community. Savanna Helping Savanna is just what the name implies; a small group of people who help those in Savanna who are having a difficult time and need a little assistance. The group focuses on mowing, landscaping and painting the homes of those with limited...

Read More

Carroll-Lee-Whiteside Unit Calendar Of Events and 4-H Invitation

FALL 2017 Main Office: 12923 Lawrence Rd, Sterling, IL 61081 Phone: (815)-632-3611 Fax: (815) 716-8922 Branch Office: Carroll County, 807 D South Clay St., Mt. Carroll, IL 61053 Phone: (815) 244-9444 Fax: (815) 244-3708 Branch Office: Lee County, 280 W. Wasson Rd., Amboy, IL 61310 Phone: (815) 857-3525 Fax: (815) 857-3527 Make sure to visit our website at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/clw to find other information and programs. 4-H invites youth to join 4-H clubs 4-H members in this county will join the 6 million youth across the country in celebrating National 4-H Week Oct. 1-7. 4-H youth development programs provide hands-on...

Read More

Thomas Francis Dabron

Thomas Francis Dabron — September 19, 1955 – August 28, 2017 THOMAS FRANCIS DABRON, 61, of Fulton, IL, passed away Monday, August 28, 2017 at his home. Tom was born September 19, 1955 in Savanna, IL, son of Carole Parker Dabron and Francis Thomas Dabron. He was an avid Chicago Cubs fan. Gardening, antiques and building unique birdhouses were joys in his life. Tom enjoyed a good conversation, being out in nature, the pursuit of knowledge and creating music. He was a complex soul with a brilliant mind, a quirky wit and a caring heart. Survivors include his wife, Nancy; sisters, Maggie (Tim) Magnuson of Rockford, IL and Mary K. Lamoureux of Salt Lake City, UT; brothers-in law and sisters-in-law, Ken and Linda Perkins of Hill Point, WI, Larry and Diana Schluter of Hubertus, WI, and Jeff Henderson and Barb-Gher-Henderson of Madison, WI. He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Teresa Ann Horvath. Nancy wants to thank family and friends for their help and support during the period of Tom’s illness. There are angels among us. Funeral Information CELEBRATION OF LIFE: 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, September19, 2017 at the Eagle Point Park, Shelter II, in Clinton, IA OFFICIATING: Family and Friends officiating THERE WILL BE NO VISITATION Donations Information Memorial may be sent to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network in his name. Donations Link: Pancreatic Cancer...

Read More

Opening Soon: the New Dale Gardner Veterans Memorial Bridge

Construction is on Schedule, and ‘Bridge Celebration Planners’ Hope for a Veteran’s Day Opening  BY TOM KOCAL TKocal@RiverReader.org 815-493-3065 SAVANNA — The cities of Savanna, Illinois and Sabula, Iowa are planning a series of events around the dedication and opening of the new Dale Gardner Veterans Memorial Bridge that spans the Mississippi River, linking the two communities. The $80.6 million bridge replaces one constructed in 1932 and is funded with 80 percent federal transportation funds with the other 20 percent split equally between Illinois and Iowa. On May 26, 2017, the Illinois House of Representatives adopted HJR 58, designating...

Read More

Support Our Sponsors

Live commodities widget is provided by DailyForex.com - Forex Reviews and News

Subscribe!

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Digest Frequency

Powered by MailChimp

Local Weather

Events Calendar

« December 2018 » loading...
S M T W T F S
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
4
5
Mon 17

Al-Anon Meets in Freeport Monday

December 17 @ 10:30 am - 5:00 pm
Mon 17

Al-Anon Meets in Mount Carroll

December 17 @ 7:00 pm
Mon 17

Savanna Alcoholics Anonymous meets

December 17 @ 8:00 pm
Thu 20

Vintage 405

December 20 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Mon 24

Al-Anon Meets in Freeport Monday

December 24 @ 10:30 am - 5:00 pm

Classified Ads

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

Pin It on Pinterest