Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 7:00 PM
Milledgeville High School Library
- CALL TO ORDER/ ROLL CALL AT 7:03 P.M. All Present
- APPROVED THE AGENDA
- APPROVED CONSENT AGENDA
- Approved Minutes of the December 17, 2018, Regular Board Meeting and Closed Session.
- Approved Bills for January 2019
- Approved Treasurer’s Report for December 2018
- Approved Hot Lunch Report for December 2018
- Approved Student Activity Fund Account Summary for December 2018
- SUMMARY OF BUDGET REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES TO DATE
Superintendent Schurman reported that as of December 31, 2018, we have received 28.24% of our projected revenues and made 39.31% of our projected expenditures. Revenues will be on target now that we have received our bond funds.
- COMMENT FROM THE PUBLIC
Thank you notes are enclosed from Administrators thank you for the Christmas gift certificates. Thank you to the Carroll County Live Stock Feeders for their donation to the FACS program
- OLD BUSINESS
Distribute Economic Interest Statements to Board.
Superintendent Schurman reported that these statements are a yearly requirement of the state and need to be completed and turned in at this meeting.
- Approved Second reading PRESS policy update issue #99.
Superintendent Schurman noted that board approval makes the proposed changes official policy.
- NEW BUSINESS
Approved the Annual 8th Grade Trip to Springfield:
Thursday and Friday, May 16 & 17, 2019
- Approved authorizing Superintendent Tim J. Schurman to begin work on the Fiscal 2020 budget.
- Approved resolution transferring funds from the operations and maintenance fund to the Bond and Interest fund of Community Unit School District Number 399, Carroll and Whiteside Counties, Illinois.
Superintendent Schurman noted that approving these resolutions is required to transfer funds from Working Cash and O & M to abate part of the current year tax rate increase. Doing this will decrease our available fund balances which essentially is spending some of our reserves/savings to moderate the tax rate impact of our new bonds.
- Approved resolution abating the working cash fund of Community Unit School District Number 399, Carroll and Whiteside Counties, Illinois.
- Approved resolution abating a portion of the tax heretofore levied for the year 2018 to pay debt service on the General Obligation School Bonds, Series 2019, of Community Unit School District Number 399, Carroll and Whiteside Counties, Illinois.
- First Reading of Revised District Wellness Policy.
Superintendent Schurman reported that a committee of administration, staff, and parents met to review and revise our current policy. The changes are minor but insure that we are in compliance with federal requirements.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: CLOSED SESSION TO CONSIDER INFORMATION REGARDING THE APPOINTMENT, EMPLOYMENT, OR DISMISSAL OF AN EMPLOYEE OR OFFICER; AND TO DISCUSS STUDENT DISCIPLINARY MATTERS.
Motion to go in to closed: 7:32 P.M.
Motion to come out of closed: 7:54 P.M.
Motions out of closed:
- Approved hourly wage adjustment for Mr. Murphy Baldwin.
- Approved hiring Mr. Jim Keenan as High School Assistant Softball Coach.
IX. ADMINISTRATIVE BUSINESS
- Report on School Improvement Day Held on Friday, January 18, 2019.
Superintendent Schurman reported that staff met to discuss ethics, staff completion of the 5-Essential survey, discipline, and testing. Staff also received time to work on curriculum scope and sequence.
2. Legal issues
3. Report on Educational and Legislative Issues
The board received an update on expected changes coming due to the Inauguration of our new Governor.
Early Step Pre-School Report
Principal’s Report is enclosed.
Juniors have started a SAT Prep Class and have taken their first SAT Practice Test. Work on the High School Master Schedule has also begun.
2. Superintendent’s Report
Movie Afternoon December 21, 2018 went well at Chadwick.
JH Girls’ Basketball season is underway.
X. ADJOURNED MEETING AT 8:09 P.M.
Board Retreat will be held Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 5:00 P.M. in the MHS Library. Next Regular Board Meeting is on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 7:00 PM in the MHS Library.